Coming back for its sixth time, Purple and Black will have a short trip to the Wichita Regional.
A couple of new faces join this Purple and Black team, including new alumni Mike McGuirl, and a recent Portland State graduate, Khalid Thomas. Henry Walker will also be making his TBT debut. While keeping eligibility to play, Jordan Henriquez will serve as the team’s General Manager and Head Coach.
For more TBT team profiles, click here.
Purple and Black Roster:
- Henry Walker (Kansas State)
- Jacob Pullen (Kansas State)
- Justin Edwards (Maine & Kansas State)
- Kamau Stokes (Kansas State)
- Khalid Thomas (Portland State)
- Martavious Irving (Kansas State)
- Mike McGuirl (Kansas State)
- Tavrion Dawson (Cal State Northridge)
- Terrence Joyner (Mississippi Valley State)
- Thomas Gipson (Kansas State)
- Trevor Gaskins (Louisiana Tech & Ole Miss)
- Michael Beasley (Kansas State)
- Jordan Henriquez (Head Coach/General Manger)
- Martavious Irving (General Manager/Assistant Coach)
- Wichita, Kansas
Team MVP: Henry Walker
Standing at 6-foot-6, Henry Walker can work in the paint and around from beyond the arc. A former NBA pro, he will be an issue as he can stretch the floor, create shots, and pull down rebounds. He is currently an overseas professional playing in the Philippines. This past year, Walker averaged 25.1 points, 10.0 rebounds, and 4.2 assists per game.
Make-or-Break Player: Jacob Pullen
The 6’1 guard can disappear. He will be who the team feeds off to fuel the fire. Setting the tempo and knocking down 3-pointers are needed to succeed in TBT. While there is a lot of talent on this team, Pullen’s guard play will be a vital part of this team. Having played in Slovenian this past year, he knows how to lead a team. He will be the glue guy for the Purple and Black.
🚨BREAKING🚨: Purple & Black have signed Mike McGuirl for TBT 2022! @MikeMcGuirl00
The 6-3 guard earned All-Big 12 Honorable Mention in 2021 🔥
Catch all of the Kansas State LEGENDS at the Charles Koch Arena on Friday, July 22!
Ticket link Below!
— TBT (@thetournament) July 5, 2022
Purple and Black will take on Lone Star Legends in the Wichita Regional. These former Wildcats have a strong base in Wichita. A short 2-hour drive from Manhattan should have a good turnout of supporters. Purple and Black have a lot of shooters. If this team can be cohesive and this team could quickly run through the regional.