CBB Review hands out awards for each conference tournament in 2023. Up next: The SEC Tournament.
In George Bagwell’s SEC tournament preview, he predicted a Missouri vs. Texas A&M final. He was half-right, with Alabama defeating Texas A&M to punch their ticket to the NCAA Tournament. Alabama has now made the tournament three years in a row, as they were a 6 seed last year and a 2 seed the previous year.
CBB Review SEC Tournament Most Outstanding Player
Brandon Miller, Alabama
Who else but B. Mill? The freshman star scored at least 18 points in every game played in the SEC Tournament and averaged 20.3 PPG, 11.0 RPG, and 4.3 APG. Averaging a double-double is no easy feat, and to do so against three tournament teams in a row is even more impressive. Miller is the heart and soul of the #1 overall seed in March Madness.
CBB Review All-SEC Tournament First Team
- G: Ezra Manjon, Vanderbilt – 3 games played (19.3 PPG, 4.3 APG, 1.7 RPG)
- G: Wade Taylor IV, Texas A&M – 3 games played (18.7 PPG, 3.3 APG, 2.0 RPG, 1.7 SPG)
- G: D’Moi Hodge, Missouri – 2 games played (23.5 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.5 SPG)
- F: Brandon Miller, Alabama – 3 games played (20.3 PPG, 11.0 RPG, 4.3 APG)
- F: Tolu Smith, Mississippi State – 2 games played (22.5 PPG, 11.5 RPG, 1.5 SPG)
Alabama’s NCAA Tournament Prediction
Alabama is a very good team, and in a year where no team has truly separated themselves, there’s an opportunity to be had in the NCAA Tournament. They have depth, as many of their bench pieces have starting experience from years past. They rebound extremely well and are a physical team. The Crimson Tide has had streaks of playing poorly, most recently against South Carolina and Texas A&M in the regular season. But their region sets up nicely and the Tide could easily make the Final Four.