CBB Review hands out awards for each conference tournament in 2023. Up next: The Pac-12 Tournament.
There were not many major upsets in a conference that seems like it is only going to have 3-4 bids. UCLA and Arizona were the teams to beat, and they were able to face off in what turned out to be a great Pac-12 Tournament championship game, as Arizona won 62-60.
CBB Review Pac-12 Tournament Most Outstanding Player
Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
Azuolas Tubelis was great throughout the Pac-12 Tournament. He averaged a double-double with 18.7 points and 10.3 rebounds per game. He also tacked on 2.3 assists per game. Tubelis led the way in the championship game with 19 points and 14 rebounds to help lead the Wildcats to the Pac-12 Tournament Championship.
CBB Review All Pac-12 Tournament First Team
- G: Tyger Campbell, UCLA – 3 games played (20.7 PPG, 5.0 APG, 3.0 RPG)
- G: Desmond Cambridge Jr., Arizona State – 2 games played (16.0 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 1.7 APG, 3.0 SPG)
- F: Jaime Jaquez Jr., UCLA – 3 games played (15.7 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 1.3 APG)
- F: Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona – 3 games played (18.7 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 2.3 APG)
- C: Oumar Ballo, Arizona – 3 games played (17.0 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 1.7 BPG)
Arizona’s NCAA Tournament Prediction
Arizona is more than capable of making a deep tourney run, and with how wide open the field is, it wouldn’t be shocking to see Arizona cut down the nets. The issue is they have been pretty inconsistent, and they have had a few games where it seems like they don’t show up. A positive is the defense looked much better in the Pac-12 Tournament, and that will need to translate to the postseason.