CBB Review hands out awards for each conference tournament in 2022. Up next: The Atlantic Sun Tournament.
The 2022 Atlantic Sun Tournament will forever have an asterisk next to it because Bellarmine, who is in its second year in D-I, won the championship but is ineligible for the NCAA Tournament. Instead, Jacksonville State, the regular-season champion, gets the nod for the Big Dance.
CBB Review All-Atlantic Sun Tournament Honorable Mentions
- Eddy Kayouloud, Central Arkansas – 17.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 1.0 APG, 1.5 BPG (2 games)
- Jomaru Brown, Eastern Kentucky – 22 PTS, 3 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL (1 game)
- Daniel Ortiz, North Alabama – 29 PTS, 4 REB, 1 AST, 1 STL (1 game)
- Kevion Nolan, Jacksonville – 13.7 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.3 SPG (3 games)
- Jordan Davis, Jacksonville – 13.7 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 2.3 APG, 1.0 SPG (3 games)
CBB Review All-Atlantic Sun Tournament First Team
- Darius McGhee, Liberty – 23.5 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 2.5 APG (2 games)
- CJ Fleming, Bellarmine – 19.0 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 1.0 APG (3 games)
- Dylan Penn, Bellarmine – 19.3 PPG, 6.0 APG, 4.0 APG, 1.0 SPG (3 games)
- Tavian Dunn-Martin, FGCU – 26.5 PPG, 3.5 APG, 2.5 RPG, 1.5 SPG (2 games)
- Ahsan Asadullah, Lipscomb – 19.0 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 3.5 APG (2 games)
CBB Review Atlantic Sun Tournament Most Outstanding Player
Dylan Penn, Bellarmine
All tournament long, Penn made noise. He provided a consistent scoring option in all three of Bellarmine’s games, whereas Fleming really went off in the Atlantic Sun Tournament Championship. Penn also was his team’s leading assist getter and rebounded well. They can’t make it to the NCAA Tournament (because of the stupid NCAA) so they’ve got to get handed down some awards.
Jacksonville State’s NCAA Tournament Prediction
Round of 64
Jacksonville State played well all season long but in the Atlantic Sun Tournament, they looked shaky. The Gamecocks will also be given either a 15 or 16 seed (a 14 would be a miracle), so earning a win will be a tall task. I don’t think they’ll get obliterated, but the odds are just going to be very high for Jax State to overcome.