CBB Review hands out awards for each conference tournament in 2023. Up next: The Summit League Tournament.
Max Abmas will play again in March Madness! That’s a treat every college basketball fan can be excited about. But like the last time Oral Roberts made a run in March, Abams isn’t alone. Connor Vanover is a matchup nightmare, and the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles are a team no one wants to see in the NCAA Tournament.
CBB Review Summit League Tournament Most Outstanding Player
Abmas put on a show two March Madness tournaments ago, helping lead ORU to the Sweet Sixteen, eventually losing to Arkansas and now current teammate, Connor Vanover. Abmas is one of the best three-point shooters in college basketball history, and shot it above 43% for the Summit League Tournament. However, his passing really stole the show. When his teammates are making shots, it elevates Oral Roberts.
CBB Review All-Summit League Tournament First Team
- G: Max Abmas, Oral Roberts – 3 games (21.0 PPG, 7.0 APG, 4.0 RPG, 43.5 3P%)
- G: Boden Skunberg, North Dakota State – 3 games (19.7 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.3 SPG, 53.3 3P%)
- F: Parker Bjorklund, St. Thomas MN – 2 games (20.0 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.0 SPG)
- F: Grant Nelson, North Dakota State – 3 games (17.3 PPG, 12.7 RPG, 2.3 APG, 1.3 BPG)
- C: Connor Vanover, Oral Roberts – 3 games (15.3 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 1.0 APG, 4.0 BPG, 1.3 SPG, 63.3 FG%)
Oral Roberts’ NCAA Tournament Prediction
Round of 32
Of course, this upset pick all depends on the matchup, but other teams will be hoping the same if they see Oral Roberts pop up as their opponent during the Selection Sunday show. We know what Max Abams is capable of, but Connor Vanover is a nightmare to guard inside. He’s listed as 7-3 and can alter shots at an extremely high rate. Plus, he started at Arkansas for a few years, so has plenty of experience against power conference talent. The Golden Eagles will have to defend, but scoring won’t be an issue.